Secretary's got it right. I thought, last year, that I might someday take a bike trip to Coney Island. Like maybe once. I remember imagining the trip we might take, so tired from the day's ride that we would have an early dinner at a Russian restaurant - the kind that has entire bottles of label-less vodka on the table. I imagined getting drunk and full, and taking the subway home because one could ever ride their bike all the way to Coney Island and back in the same day.
Well, we went to CI this year like 4 times. As secretary said, the hardest part is getting to Prospect park, and not dying at the Ocean Parkway rotary, or from running into the crazy amounts of Hasidic people on the greenway. Saturday is a bad day to ride to CI, only because there is a lot of Orthodox foot traffic.
Don't make a big deal about biking to Coney Island. It is so damn easy.
Secretary and I have a new ride in mind for next year- a Century Ride to Montauk. For those of you that don't know, a "Century Ride" is 100 miles. We read about it in a magazine. You take the LIRR to some starting point, and then it is all biking. Secretary seems a lettle nervous/excited about it. I have been to Long Island, and as I remember, that shit is flat. I really can't wait, but I am sure that we will have to spend the night out there when we get there.
And we'll have to get drunk on something when we get out there. What do they drink in Montauk? Whiskey Sours. that's what's we'll drink, Whiskey Sours.
Secretary, see you in Montauk!
Tuesday, November 14, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sounds good/hard. I'll oil my bike!
Also, it's true, I'm totally scared. Where are we going to sleep? Is it going to cost a million dollars to sleep there in the summer? What if we get lost? We better get some serious Long Island street maps.
At least we'll be able to swim in the ocean once we get there (unlike Coney Island) . . . unless we don't get there until the middle of the night, and then our million dollar room better have a hot tub or something.
Warmest regards,
The Secretary
Post a Comment